- Ph.D., 2010- , Knowledge Service Engineering,
- M.S., 2010,
Information and Communication Engineering, KAIST, Korea
- B.S., 2004,
Computer Science, Chonbuk
National University, Korea
- Information Quality and Difficulty Analysis on Online Educational Materials (Slides, OCW-Open CourseWare)
- Kowledge Structure and Its Applications
- Sementic Web: Knowledge Validation, Question and Answering Systems
- Semantic Web / Information Retrieval / Data Mining / Big Data
- Seongchan Kim, Jincheul Jang, Seong Jung Kim, Hyojin Chin, and Mun Y. Yi. Job Preference Analysis and Job Matching System Development for the Middle Aged Class. Journal of Intelligence and Information Systems, Accepted, 2016.
- Seongchan Kim, Jae-Gil Lee, and Mun Y. Yi. Developing Information Quality Assessment Framework of Presentation Slides. Journal of Information Science, 2016. (SCIE). Published online before print (Paper)
- Wonchul Jung, Seongchan Kim, and Mun Y. Yi. Proposing and Validating a Classification Method based on Knowledge Structure to Identify High-Quality Presentation Slides. KIISE Transactions on Computing Practices, 20(12):676-681, 2014.
- Seongchan Kim, Kyung-min Kim, and Sung-Hyon Myaeng. Identifying Verb Phrase-Level User Intent from Web Queries. Journal of KOREA INFORMATION SCIENCE SOCIETY: Software and Applications, 38(2):86-95, 2011.
- Hyeju Jang, Seongchan Kim, Wookhyun Shin, and Sung-Hyon Myaeng. Personal Information Access Using Proactive Search and Mobile Hypertext. Intelligent Systems, IEEE, 25(1):27-36, 2010. (SCI)
- Seong Jung Kim, Seongchan Kim, Jincheul Jang, Hyojin Chin, and MunY. Yi, Job Preference and Selection Analysis of Senior People for Developing Senior Job Recommendation Algorithm. KCC, 2016. (Poster in Korean)
- Jincheul Jang, Dapeng Zhao, Seongchan Kim, Hyojin Chin, Seong Jung Kim, and MunY. Yi, Requirement analysis of personalized job matching service for middle-aged adults in South Korea. HCI Korea, 2016. (Paper, in Korean)
- Seongchan Kim, Jiyeon Choi, and MunY. Yi, Improving Knowledge Validation using Objectivity and Corroborativeness of Web Resources. International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), 2015. (Paper) (Poster)
- Sansung Kim, Keejun Han, Mun Y. Yi, Sinhee Cho, and Seongchan Kim. Exploiting Knowledge Structure for Proximity-Aware Movie Retrieval Model. In Proceedings of the 23rd ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), pages 1847-1850, 2014. (Accept Rate: 21.9%) (Paper)
- Wonchul Jung, Seongchan Kim, and Mun Y. Yi. Proposing and Validating a Classification Method based on Knowledge Structure to Identify High-Quality Presentation Slides. In Proceedings of the Korea Computer Congress (KCC), pages 707-709, 2014.
- Seongchan Kim, Wonchul Jung, Keejun Han, Jae-Gil Lee, and Mun Y. Yi Quality-Based Automatic Classification for Presentation Slides. In Proceedings of the 36th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), pages 638-643, 2014. (Accept Rate: 30.4%) (Paper) (Poster)
- Seongchan Kim, Donghwan Bae, Jinchul Jang, and Mun Y. Yi. Mining Smartphone Application Usage Pattern based on Personality, In Proceedings of the HCI Korea (HCI), pages 611-614, 2014.
- Seongchan Kim, Donghee Hong, and Mun Y. Yi. Information Quality Assessment of Course Materials: A User Study. In Proceedings of the Society of Service Science (SoSS), 2012.
- Seongchan Kim, Keejun Han, Kim, Soon Young, and Ying Liu. Scientific Table Type Classification in Digital Library. In Proceedings of the 12th ACM symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng), pages 133-136, 2012.
- Keejun Han, Hyungwoo Kim, Seongchan Kim, and Ying Liu. SMATS: Automatic Query Term Extraction for Advanced Table Search in Digital Libraries. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Emerging Databases - Technologies, Applications, and Theory (EDB), 2012.
- Keejun Han, Seongchan Kim, and Ying Liu. Development of Advanced Intelligent Table Search System. In Proceedings of the Korea Computer Congress, pages 405-407, 2012.
- Seongchan Kim, and Ying Liu. Functional-Based Table Category Identification in Digital Library. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), pages 1364-1368, 2011.
- Yoonjung Choi, Seongchan Kim, and Sung-Hyon Myaeng. Detecting Opinions and their Opinion Targets in NTCIR-8. In Proceedings of the 8th NTCIR (NII Test Collection for IR Systems) Workshop, 2010.
- Yoonjae Jeong, Youngho Kim, Seongchan Kim, Sung-Hyon Myaeng, and Hyo-Jung Oh. Generating and Mixing Feature Sets from Language Models for Sentiment Classification. In Proceedings of International Conference on Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Engineering (NLP-KE), pages 1-8, 2009.
- Youngho Kim, Seongchan Kim, and Sung-Hyon Myaeng. Extracting Topic-related Opinions and their Targets in NTCIR-7. In Proceedings of the 7th NTCIR (NII Test Collection for IR Systems) Workshop, 2008.
- Suyeon Lee, Seongchan Kim, Chihoon Jung, Jae-Gil Lee, and Mun Y. Yi. WIKIF: Ap-plying Wikipedia to Document Ranking. In IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI), 2014. (Abstract paper)
- Seongchan Kim, Sungil Hong, Saemy Jang, Jiyeon Choi, and Mun Y. Yi. Learning by Taking Advice (LTA) platform for knowledge validation and URI disambiguation. Demo presented at the The Korea Computer Congress (KCC). 2014.
- Instructor KAIST IT Academy, 2011 - 2016.
- Programming Language: Java and Python
- Software Engineer Samsung Electronics, Wireless
Communications, Korea, 2003 - 2006.
- UI Development for GSM Mobile Handset
Knowledge Structure based E-book Recommendation (2016.04-)
Building an E-book recommender system using knowledge structure (KS) of E-book contents to support an intelligent digital book learning service
(This research is funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning and Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology from 2015.10 to 2017.09)
Implementation for smart data town flatform with Bigdata & IOT in Pangyo, Research Topic: Development Job Matching Algorithms for Silvers (2015.04-2016.03)
Development of a platform that supports safe and convenient city life for people in Kyonggi province from various data in city, focusing on safety, traffic, and employment
(This research is funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning and Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology from 2015.04 to 2016.03)
Development of Exobrain SW, Wise KB , Research Topic: Knowledge Validation using Web
Building Exobrain SW that self-learns knowledge from Big Data and supports knowledge sharing and evolution with natural user interactions and autonomous smart-device collaborations
(This research is funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning and Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology from 2013 to 2022), For more details: "Exobrain SW"
Learning by Taking Advice(LTA) Platform
- Research and
Development of an Educational Material Search System for the
Next-Generation Education Environment, CourseShare - A online search system for learning slides (2011-2014)
Developing a vertical search system specialized in learning materials and
to provide users with an easy access to high quality learning materials in
an integrative and intuitive way. CourseShare is
a working prototype of search system aiming at significantly improving
educational efficiency by developing a search system through which the
vast number of online educational materials is properly indexed and
utilized. We define four requirements with specific objectives for the
development of this system: Searching learning materials in consideration
of semantics; Query recommendation and learning materials data mining; Personalized search technique that enhances the
utilization of learning materials; Ranking method based on the quality of
(This research is supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the
ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Sept. 2011 ~ Aug.
- An Intelligent
System of Extracting, Integrating and Searching Semi-Structure Data for
Better Multidisciplinary Collaboration and Document Understanding
Supporting the unprecedented semi-structured data integration across
spatial and temporal scales; Facilitating the interdisciplinary research
among researchers in different fields; Breaks the carriers between
semi-structured data and other data types, such as the free-text documents
or the strictly managed databases; Speeding up the learning process with
the powerful integration of the experimental, analytical and simulation in
the related areas by extracting, integrating, and searching
semi-structured data semantically. Proposing a more flexible document
summarization and content displaying way for mobile devices.
(This research is supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the
ministry of Education, Science and Technology, May 2011 ~
Intelligent User Interface Platform for Next Generation Mobile Devices
Mobile Interface, Mobile Hypertexts, Mobile Query Suggestions, Familiarity Measure for Mobile Contacts, funded by IITA (co-work with ITRC of Jeonnam National University), 2009.03-2010.08
Web Content Intention Analysis for Contextual Advertising
Sentiment Analysis in Korean News, Polarity(Positive, Negative, Neutral) Identification, Sentiment Topic/Target Detection, funded by ETRI, 2008.03-2010.08
Development of Urban Computing Middleware
Data Mining for Urban Info-sphere Service Framework, unded by MKE/IITA, 2008.03-2009.02
Ying Liu, ±è¼ºÂù, ÇÑ±âÁØ (2013). ¹®¼ ³»ÀÇ Å×ÀÌºíÀÇ Á¤º¸¸¦ ±â¹ÝÀ¸·Î ÇÑ Å×ÀÌºí ÀÚµ¿ºÐ·ù ½Ã½ºÅÛ ¹× ±× ¹æ¹ý(Automatic Table Classification Method and System based on Information in Table within Document), 10-1316780-0000, Korea
Sung-Hyon Myaeng, Seongchan Kim, Jang, Hye-ju, Shin, Wookyun (2012). System and method for providing recommended words using context in a mobile communication terminal, 10-1110030-00-00 , Korea
Sung-Hyon Myaeng, Park, Keunchan, Jung, Yuchul, Yoonjae Jeong, Seongchan Kim (2011). Method and System for Recommending Services to User of Mobile, 10-1007059-00-00, Korea
update: May 2016